How to get more balance in your life today
1. If you’re short on time, combine exercise with socializing. For example, climbing, cycling, or salsa dancing are great for fitness but also very sociable.
2. Pay upfront for an activity or class. You’re more likely to leave work on time and commit to going if you’ve already paid for it.
3. Put in times to do nothing. Block out some space in your diary and say you’re ‘busy’ having some downtime.
4. Set yourself boundaries on when you’ll check emails and when you’ll reply. Stick to these, perhaps using your out of office to manage people’s expectations of when you’ll next be online.
5. Let go of what things ‘should’ look like. Spend your time doing things you want to do, not what you think you ought to be doing.